DID YOU HAVE A LIFE-CHANGING EVENT?
You may be able to enroll in the Health Insurance Marketplace. The Marketplace is OPEN for a Special Enrollment Period and you may be able to enroll now. You may qualify to enroll if you have certain life events, such as
- Lose health coverage
- Move and lose coverage
- Get married
- Have or adopt a child
- Have a change in income
The Health Insurance Marketplace has private health insurance plans for those who do not have insurance through a job, Medicare, Medicaid or another source. Individuals may qualify for lower monthly payments and for help with co-pays and deductibles.
Free in-person, phone, or virtual assistance is available for anyone who lives in Delaware. Assistance is available in any language.
Contact Us for Assistance
Need help with your health insurance application?
Book an appointment with local application assisters:
What you need to provide:
- Birth dates of those applying for coverage
- Social Security numbers and/or immigration documents for those applying for coverage
- Paystubs, W-2 forms, or other information about your family’s income
- Policy/member numbers for any current health coverage
- Information about any health coverage from a job that’s available to you or your family
- If you have previously enrolled, please bring your Healthcare.gov login and account information
New to the Marketplace?
You may qualify even if you haven’t in the past. More people than ever are now eligible for healthcare coverage.
Open Enrollment Information
Open Enrollment is a yearly period in the fall when people can enroll in a health insurance plan for the next calendar year. Most people who are currently enrolled in a Marketplace plan may be able to get a tax credit to reduce your monthly premiums during Open Enrollment. You can keep your current plan or select a new one. Either way, we can help you update your application to see your new eligibility results with the extra tax credit amount. You must submit an updated application, even if there are no changes, in order to get a lower premium.
For more information, visit: