Pediatric medical and dental services are available for infants, children, and teens. Our care teams provide well-child checks, sick care, physicals, immunizations, dental care to address the physical health of your children. Nutrition consultations, behavioral health counseling, and additional support services address the emotional health of your children. From birth to age 18, children receive compassionate, holistic care to address all areas of wellness, growth, and development.
Pediatric Medical Services
Pediatric health services are available at our five health center locations, and a Westside provider is on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week for medical questions or concerns. We are partnered with Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children meaning you have access to a wide range of specialists for additional assistance.
- Newborn care
- Well child physicals
- Sports physicals
- Routine immunizations
- Same-day or next-day sick visits
- Treatment of common diseases like asthma and acne
- Nutrition counseling
- Birth control counseling
- STD counseling and testing
- Dental services
- Behavioral health care
Pediatric Dental Services
Dental services are available at four health center locations – Dover, Newark, Northeast Wilmington, and Wilmington. We work closely with oral health specialists for more complex needs.
- Routine cleaning, polishing, and fluoride treatments
- Tooth extractions
- Sealants to prevent tooth decay
- Education on healthy oral habits including proper brushing and flossing techniques
Additional Support Services
- Breastfeeding Peer Counselors: Talk one-on-one with a counselor, or join one of our peer groups to get the information and support you need to breastfeed your infant successfully.
- Car Seat Safety Program: In partnership with Nemours Trauma Program, we provide car seat safety sessions at our health centers. Families learn how to correctly install car seats and receive a new car seat of their own.
- Cribs for Kids: Westside offers this safe sleep education program and can provide cribs to families in need.
- Reach Out & Read: Your provider will use books during well-child checks to measure developmental milestones for children age six months to five years old. After your visit, you can keep the book for your home library.