Telehealth is like a video chat or FaceTime with your provider.
Telehealth visits take place in the comfort of your home, or wherever you are – no need to wait in waiting rooms or travel to your appointment. With telehealth appointments at Westside you can still see your same primary care provider and receive the same medical care and treatment as you would as in-person. Your provider will listen to your concerns and order appropriate labs, studies, medications, refills, or referrals.
You can have a telehealth visit using your smartphone, tablet, or computer with a camera and microphone. Westside uses secure, safe technology to protect patient privacy during all visits. You do not need to download any software for a telehealth visit and there is no registration needed. You will receive a text, email, or phone call when your provider is ready for the visit. Your device may ask you to grant access to your microphone and/or camera. Click “Yes” to all prompts.
These services are available by telehealth
- Routine follow up visits, including visits for diabetes, hypertension, and pediatric care
- Reproductive health visits
- Prenatal visits
- Hospital or emergency department follow up visits
- Sick care
- Behavioral health care
To have a telehealth visit, you will need
- An email address or cell phone number
- A smartphone, tablet, or computer with a camera and microphone
- Access to the internet
Scheduling a Telehealth Appointment
For a telehealth appointment, please call 302-224-6800.
Current patients: Depending on your health issue, you can choose to have either an audio-visual telehealth visit or a telephone audio/voice-only visit.
New patients: At this time, new patients must have an audio-visual telehealth appointment or an in-person appointment. No voice-only appointments are available for new patients.
It is helpful if you have a Westside patient portal account with FollowMyHealth before the visit. Your provider can easily follow up afterward with lab results and other information you might need.
Financial Assistance and Insurance
Like our in-person visits, there is a cost for telehealth visits. We accept most insurance plans, including Delaware Healthy Children Program, United Healthcare Community Plan, Medicaid, Medicare, Screening for Life, Highmark Health Options, and most private commercial insurance plans. We have a sliding fee scale, based on income and family size to help make your care more affordable.
Checking-In for Your Telehealth Visit
- Use a computer or device with camera/microphone
- Enter your clinician’s doxy.me web address into the browser
- Allow your browser to use your webcam and microphone
- Type in your name and click check-in
- Your care provider will start your visit
You will receive a text, email, or phone call when your provider is ready for the visit. Your device may ask you to grant access to your microphone and/or camera. Click “Yes” to all prompts.
- Make sure you have a good internet connection
- Restart your phone/computer/tablet before the visit
- Test your camera and mic from the ‘waiting room’
- Set up a Westside patient portal account with FollowMyHealth before the visit so your provider can follow up afterward
CLICK HERE for instructions to log in to your virtual telehealth appointments.
View these videos to prepare for your telehealth visit.
How to use Doxy.me – English
How to use Doxy.me – Spanish