Westside Family Healthcare is a community-minded, non-partisan health center located in Delaware. We opened our doors in 1988 and have maintained our status as a Federally Qualified Health Center since 1994.
We are a Joint Commission accredited health center and have been certified as a Primary Care Medical Home.
To improve the health of our communities by providing equal access to quality healthcare, regardless of ability to pay.
Westside Family Healthcare will be the region’s primary care provider of choice by:
- Providing exceptional quality, comprehensive care that meets patient’s needs;
- Delivering compassionate, team-based care;
- Attracting, training, and retaining a highly qualified and diverse workforce;
- Serving as a premier environment for educating the next generation of healthcare professionals;
- Fostering collaborative partnerships to improve quality and access to care;
- Addressing the social factors that negatively impact our patient’s health; and
- Serving as leaders in advocacy for the health of our patients and communities.
Our five strategic priorities define our strategic plan and drive our success.
- Clinical Excellence: Re-design our healthcare delivery system grounded in clinical excellence principles and team-based care, and supported by a highly qualified and diverse workforce
- Community Engagement: Expand our reach within the communities we serve through prevention, education, and advocacy to improve population health.
- Financial Viability: Enhance our financial viability by expanding our revenue sources and improving operational effectiveness.
- Training Our Future: Enrich our community-based primary care training programs and become a premier environment for educating the next generation of healthcare professionals.
- A Valued Experience: Implement new initiatives to ensure patients and employees feel valued, included, engaged, and welcomed.
Dr. Alireza Pirestani, Family Physician at our Bear Health Center, shares the value of Westside’s care model.
30th Anniversary Video
Thirty years after opening our doors, Westside remains a constant source for the compassionate care that families depend on to live vibrant, healthy lives. We reach beyond conventional medicine to address social, emotional and economic factors that affect our neighbors.