If you are in need of emergency assistance during the current public health crisis (or anytime), Delaware 2-1-1 is the state’s referral hotline. They can provide you with contact information for food pantries and other human service providers that can assist. Dial 2-1-1 or 1-800-560-3372, text 898-211 or visit www.delaware211.org.
For Delaware information related to the coronavirus, including testing, please visit www.de.gov/coronavirus.
This page will be updated as more and new information is available.
Internet and Web Services
WhyFly 5 FREE Wifi Sites around Wilmington available 7 days/week from 10am-3pm
- Increased speeds from 15/2 Mbps to 25/3 Mbps for all customers
- 60 days free for new households who connect
- Monthly Rate of $9.95 available to all qualified low-income households in Comcast’s service areas
- Laptop or desktop computers at a discounted price of $149.99
Cisco Webex: Free video conferencing
Zoom: Free video conferencing
- Schools throughout Delaware are offering breakfast and lunch for any child between ages 1-18.
- Providing grocery and home supply boxes to families in need
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 8:30 am-1 pm, 1200 N. French Street, Wilmington, DE 19801
- Call 302-660-4753 to schedule a time to come pick up a Food Pantry Box (appointment required)
West End Neighborhood House (Wilmington):
- The food closet is fully stocked to assist children, adults, and families in need.
- For more information, contact Doreen Conte at 302-658-4171 ext. 118.
- First Hour of Operations Dedicated to Senior Customers
Breastfeeding Support through Delaware WIC
- Call 1-800-222-2189 to connect with a Peer Breastfeeding Counselor
Rent and Utilities
- No Disconnects or Late Fees
- Pausing data plans for 60 days giving all customers unlimited data for no additional charge
City of Wilmington suspends water service disconnections indefinitely
City of Milford provides assistance for utility bills until stay-at-home order is lifted
- All late fees/penalties for utility bills will be waived
- Utility shut-offs and monition sales have been suspended
Town of Middletown – suspending electric shutoffs
- Waiving new late payment fees
- Suspending service disconnections
- Waiving late fees and halting disconnections
- Medicare will pay for office, hospital, and other visits furnished via telehealth across the country and including in your place of residence
- The Delaware DMV will immediately begin waiving late fees for vehicle registration and driver license renewals until further notice.
- Use DMV online for renewal of Delaware Driver License/ID, renewing vehicle registration, and changing your home address
- Closed: visit online or call 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778)
- DART is offering students free bus rides on regularly scheduled bus routes to access school meal programs from 10 AM to 2 PM until schools are back in session
Financial and Economic Assistance
- Delaware guidelines and assistance set to alleviate some of the burdens of temporary layoffs, isolation, and quarantine
- Delaware has released funding for hospitality industry businesses such as bars, restaurants, and hotels through their HELP Program.
Emergency Loan Providers
- Sign up for a library card online to get immediate access to e-media
- Visit online to access e-books, e-audiobooks, and educational resources
Scholastic: Free access to Learn at Home website
Sag-Aftra Storyline Online: Videos of storybooks read aloud
Smyrna Middle School Clothing Pantry – Open Thursdays from 1 pm-2 pm starting March 19, 2020
- 700 Duck Creek Pkwy, Smyrna, DE 19977
CHILD Inc.’s Domestic Violence Program (New Castle County)
- 302-762-6110 (24-hour bilingual hotline)
The SAFE Program at People’s Place II (Kent & Sussex Counties)
- 302-422-8058 (24-hour hotline)
- Emergency shelter available
Abriendo Puertas Bilingual Hotline (Sussex County)
- 302-745-9874 (24-hour Spanish hotline)
- Emergency shelter available
- Free online fitness and health classes
- Free in-home workouts every day at 7 pm EST on Facebook
- Provides free meditation and free Headspace Plus for healthcare workers
JFS Delaware – Emotional support hotline (not for crisis line or therapeutic telehealth)
Weekdays – Child care finder
*check with your pharmacy if it is not listed. If you don’t currently use one of these pharmacies or yours doesn’t deliver, you can transfer your prescription. Ask your healthcare provider to help you transfer it to one of these pharmacies.
- Costco Phone: 1-800-607-6861 Fax: 1-800-633-0334 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rite Aid
Medical Services and Updates
Shelf-Stable Food Recipes
- Important dates:
- 7/3/2020 Delaware Presidential Primary
- 9/15/2020 Delaware Statewide Primary
- 11/3/2020 Delaware Statewide General Election
- 6/13/2020: Last day to register to vote before the Presidential Primary election.
- 9/15/2020 at 8 PM: Deadline for the Department of Elections office in your county to receive your absentee ballot for the Primary Election in order for it to be counted.
- 10/10/2020: Last day to register to vote before the General Election.
- 11/3/2020 at 8 PM: Deadline for the Department’s office in your county to receive your absentee ballot for the General Election in order for it to be counted.
COVID-19 Education Materials, Images and Resources